Saturday, July 01, 2006

 

Run for the Hills! He's Back!

Wow. 33 days away from home....and nobody bothered to visit me. What's that all about? I mean, come on! It's not like I was in Afric- oh yeah. But seriously...205 comments?!?!? you guys are insane! That has to be a record. If I'm inducted into Guinness, I'll give all who participated acknowledgment. I'm really happy to be back, and I hope I see you all soon.

As for my trip, I'll give a brief rundown. We went to Kapsowar, Kenya, where the hills are green, the weather is perfect, and the roads are as smooth as my pick-up lines (which are not very smooth, in case you were wondering.) I learned the basics of electrical wiring (I was the apprentice electrician), and I also learned how to cut grass with a dull machete. It took five of us three days to cut one yard. Long, boring work. On to cool things. We caught chameleons, which we tried to bring back to the U.S. That didn't work. Oops. While in Kenya, I met people from all over the world. At the compound alone, I met Kenyans (duh), a Canadian, a German, an Aussie, two Chinese girls, two Israeli girls, and a guy from New Jersey. That was cool. My dad did all sorts of weird operations. One guy had been shot in the head with an arrow. Three or four people were hit by machetes - ask me about the one with the elbow sometime. One dude had a leech in his throat. Yeah. And that's normal there. I climbed a mountain, I drank lots of Coke and Fanta, I saw a baby being born, which was insanely cool, and I watched season one of 24 and Lost. That was the working part of the trip.

After three weeks at Kapsowar, we went on some safaris. That was cool. We saw almost every animal possible. Sam, I saw "munkeys," but, as you can tell, they didn't eat me. Joe, I didn't find any pygmies. Sorry. Whoever wanted the elephant, the Kenyan Government doesn't like people taking those either. Eventually, I'll get around to putting pictures, lots of them, on here. I'm so glad to be back, and I hope everyone is having an equally awesome summer.

Comments:
ROBBIE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im very dissappointed in you about the elephant......grrrr.
Sounds great fun though! Its so very cool how when traveling often you meet more people from other countries than from the country you're visiting itself!
did you learn lots of ....whatever language they speak there?
 
WELCOME BACK, ROBBIE! I hope you continue posting about Kenya--including pics! Now that you're back I guess we don't have to post comments on your blog anymore. :)
 
yay
 
SOB RUMMER!
i have missed you! glad
you are back in blog-world.
Kenya=cool=me=notsickanymore:)=lets party=fantas goodstuff=random=this comment=leave one on minesoon=bye=
YAY homecoming of rob.
YOU KNOW WHO
p.s.>>I think its AWESOME that you saw a baby being born, and you liked it. what a mature guy you are, padawon learner.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
welcome home. i really enjoyed reading about kenya. say hi to miss anna for me and give her a great big bear hug. :)
 
YAY ROBBIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dude, I got back on the second of july from washington state. Good ter be back, eh? Yeah, I know da feeling!
 
Welcome back!! Enjoyed reading your trip summary and pics (really 8000 pix??)
 
Are you a LOST-y??
 
yo robbie, good to have you back. just got back last night from brazil. we should get together and swap storries sometime. and i'm not mad that you didn't bring me a pygmie...they probly don't taste that good anyway.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?