Friday, April 21, 2006

 

Magnificent Maestro

John Williams is officially my favorite composer. Yes, he wrote the music to Star Wars, but that's not the reason that he's my favorite. Ok.....it is. Anyway, here's a short list of the movies he composed the music for.

Indiana Jones
Jurrasic Park
Jaws
Harry Potter
E.T.
Superman
Saving Private Ryan
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
The Patriot
Far and Away (Don't worry. I've never watched it.)
Home Alone
Born on the Fourth of July

and he even wrote music for the Olympics. The guy rocks...er...plays classical. I don't know what I'm talking about. You do have to admit, though. The guy is good. I'd rather listen to him than Bach or Mozart or Picasso. Just kidding about Picasso. I know he was a baseball player. If you can't tell, I'm rambling. I'm sitting at my computer, listening to John Williams, specifically Hymn of the Fallen from Saving Private Ryan, caught up in the fact that the Spanish play is over. Surprisingly, it went very well. Thank goodness. Even though trees fell over and people made up words (I said contre. What is contre?), I think people liked it. Especially the lightsabers. Woot to Christopher and Joe for their awesome duel. Wow. I'm weird today. Of course, when am I ever normal? I think Trigonometry, or 80's hour as some call it, messed with my head. Woot for awful fashions that thankfully died out. I think I'll go play DOOM now. Yeah.........that sounds good. If you read all of this, you are awarded three-count em. Three-kudo points. You can redeem those for three million dollars at your local You're a Moron store.

Comments:
Thanx robbie... I love you 2. You can only know your true friends in times of difficulty and woe.
 
Oo oo! Where's the nearest location for the "store" so I can redeem my 3 kudo points?...Robbie, you should know. ;)

John Williams is awesome. I want to be just like him if I grow up.

And the Spanish play...w00t for Robbie's facial expressions! Your Spanish pronunciation may not be all the best, but acting is definitely your thing!! Some of my favorite parts were when you just smiled at the crowd (and flexed your muscles...that was fun). My otehr favorite part was Rebecca's ad lib with the missing glass. Every time you were on stage, Rob, I was glued to you to see what you were going to do next!

And now it's over, too. :)

And so is this long, random comment.
 
look at the cool picture on my blog.
 
ha,ha about contre, you had this strange look on your face like 'i have no idea what my line is' and then something just spilled out and we all played along...
my favorite movie composer is Hans Zimmerman: pirates of the caribbean and Gladiator etc. by picasso i thought you meant the artist.... listen to him? i was confused.
 
Picasso is an artist Tirzah. It was a joke. Sheesh.
 
oh.....woops.
 
Great modern day composer. Y felicitaciones en cuanto el drama en espanol. :)
 
yay harry potter
 
"I'm a moron?" rats. i was just beginning to think there was hope for me. Thanks rob. =)
 
You know what I meant. If you actually think kudo points are redeemable, then you might be. But you don't think they are, do you?
 
Hey! Just saying that John Williams also wrote the music for "The Terminal", another Tom Hanks masterpiece. Also, to whoever reads this, listen to Breaking Benjamin, the best band eva!!!! Also check out my holiday site
http://freewebs.com/holidays4eva
Thanks!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?