Sunday, February 19, 2006

 

"Business Trip"

Yeah....so my parents just got back from a week-long "business trip". Supposedly, this was one of those trips that every working man must embark on every 5 or 6 months (for my dad anyway) to keep his job and learn what is going on outside of the tiny town in which he lives. However, I highly doubt there was a business aspect to this trip. I think it was a cleverly disguised vacation. Why? They went to Hawaii. Oh yeah, there were seminars and meetings and other important things.....that took up about two hours of the morning. They then got the rest of the day off. Wow. Sounds like a rough life. During this "business trip" (I will continue to use quotes, you can all mock me later), my parents went SCUBA diving, toured the U.S.S. Arizona memorial, visited the U.S.S. Missouri, sunbathed on the gorgeous beaches, interacted with dolphins, and even flew over one of the active volcanoes. I have never wanted to go on a "business trip" before, but if this is what they're like, sign me up!


Comments:
well this "business trip" sounds wonderful, i agree with you, sign me up as well... but then maybe you don't have to sign me up because if you're going you're taking wifey
 
No kidding! My dad is leaving today also on a 'buisness' trip to Argentina, where he'll eat delicious food 4x a day and dance tango all night, every night.......
OK so maybe a part of that was a fib.
 
Tirza the very idea of your dad dancing Tango made me smile.

Missionaries make "business trips" as well and see many interesting sights worldwide.

Rob I really liked the chocolate analogy.
 
They gave me a cool t-shirt at least. It says "Kilauea."
 
That's probably a bad work in Hawaiian! .....or maybe it means fatty. :)
 
my dad takes "business trips" to england and Vegas. hmmm...
 
P.S. I was wondering why i am not a cool person...?
 
Kilauea is actually one of the islands. Laura, I just haven't made a link for you yet. Sorry.
 
i know a bad word in hawaiian...
 
yoshi don't even think about it!....woops too late.

Yeh! I want a link too!!!!!
Laura you are very cool, if i knew how to make links you'd be on my web page.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?